We are looking for an experienced Parts Specialist who is passionate about ensuring the best possible customer experience. Join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to help design, build and roll-out products that deliver the Repair Smith's vision and strategy.
The perfect person for the job is excited to move fast, think at scale, and takes a customer centric approach to all they do. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 1 year parts ordering experience in the automotive industry or similar, able to communicate efficiently and in a timely manner with a strong attention to detail. This individual would be responsible for ordering parts in advance for scheduled jobs as well as follow up jobs and special-order parts outside of our preferred vendors.
WE WILL DEPEND ON THIS PERSON TO
- Order necessary parts for automotive repairs
- Coordinate parts pick ups in conjunction with our Dispatch Team
- Keeping track and ordering of special-order parts not available through preferred vendors
- Selection and pre-ordering of relevant parts
- Identify and flag parts price discrepancies
- Identifying diagnostic pre-analysis through desk research (Mitchel Pro Demand)
- Identifying and communication of additional repair opportunities to the operations team and the customer
- Continuous communication stream to the operation team
- Ensuring data integrity
- Optimize procedures and develop operation product ideas
- Definition and training of standard procedures
- Identifying product ideas for customer convenience and operation’s efficiency
- Performs other duties as requested by manager
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experienced parts ordering within the automotive industry
- Knowledge of automotive parts required
- Excellent customer communication
- Organization skills required
- Ability to work under multi-task situations in various applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment required
- A sense of urgency for all tasks required
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies and a continual improvement attitude
- Ability to identify optimization opportunities, define (digital) procedures and product design to realize optimization potential.
- Understanding of automotive workshop and repair procedures preferred
- Familiarity with Speed Dial, Web Warehouse, NAPA, and Parts Tech are a plus
RepairSmith is on a mission to deliver convenient auto repair everywhere with its disruptive service, offering the first and only full-service mobile solution for automotive repair and maintenance.
The company delivers complete mobile repair and maintenance to car owners with the convenience of online booking and instant price quotes, combined with five-star quality service at fair, affordable prices. Repair Smith also delivers repair and scheduled maintenance on-location to fleet operators, car rental agencies, and dealership customers.
Founded in 2018, Repair Smith is based in Los Angeles and offers service in 650+ cities across six states with over 100,000 service appointments completed to date. All Repair Smith technicians are employees of the company, equipped with customized state-of-the-art mobile service vans to deliver a best-in-class experience. Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021, Repair Smith is backed by TI Capital, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche Ventures, Spring Mountain Capital, and other venture and automotive investors.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
REPAIRSMITH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW.